The Commonwealth of Kentucky does not have Bail Bondsmen, instead we use a uniform schedule of bail. This is in accordance with the Administrative Office of the Courts pretrial services.
All bonds taken are by CASH only. Bonds may be taken at the following times and locations:
Monday through Thursday between 8am and 4:30pm excluding holidays at the Franklin County Clerk's Office.
All other days and times bonds are accepted at the Franklin County Regional Jail.
All bonds taken shall include the following to the bond amount:
Administrative Booking Fee $35.00 Pursuant to K.R.S. 441
Court Filing Fee $30.00
Persons posting bonds must:
- Have a Picture I.D. ie drivers license
- Be at least 18 years old
- Not be an attorney or law enforcement professional
- Any bond over $10,000.00 or more must provide a Social Security Number for tax purposes.
Additional questions regarding bonds contact
- Circuit Cour Clerk 502-564-7013
- Franklin County Regional Jail 502-209-8529
- Pretrial Services 502-564-0217