Effective, October 27,2008, other than written correspondence ,U.S. Postal money orders and photographs approved by the Administration Office, no other items shall be accepted through the U.S. Mail.
Please advise your family and friends of our new mail policy. Any items mailed in violating mail policy will be returned to sender. Listed below are items not permitted:
- No item shall be glued, taped or affixed to the envelope or it's contents
- Written correspondence may be in pencil, standard ink, typewritten or computer generated.. No felt tip pens, markers, crayons or colored pencils.
- No internet copies of jokes or e-mails. No newspaper clippings or photo copies.
- Sexually explicit material is prohibited.
- Material that threatens or is detrimental to the security, good order, or discipline of the facility. Material that facilitates criminal activity is prohibited.
- Personal checks, payroll checks, blank paper, blank cards, envelopes and Postage stamps are prohibited.
- SEE COMMISSARY TAB - CLICK HERE
- No foreign substances are allowed in or on any mail items, this includes perfumes, colognes and lipstick.
- Polaroid pictures are prohibited. Standard photos no larger than 4 "x6" shall be allowed with a maximum of 5 photos per inmate.
- Items that violate this mail policy shall be placed in inmate's property and returned to them upon their release from this facility.
- Visitor Parking - All visitors must utilize visitor parking located to the left hand side of our drive way.
Franklin County Regional Jail
P.O. Box 4068
Frankfort, Ky. 40604-4068
Jail staff will not pass messages to inmates unless it is a verified emergency.
The Franklin County Regional Jail is a tobacco free facility.
SEE COMMISSARY TAB - CLICK HERE
Persons and vehicles entering this property are subject to search. Anyone who brings in contraband, defined as firearms, other weapons, alcoholic beverages, drugs, explosive/incendiary devices, or aides or provides inmates with any implement of escape shall be arrested in accordance with KRS 520.020, a class D felony, which is punishable by five (5) years of imprisonment.
No cell phones are allowed inside the facility.
The only item authorized for release from an inmate's property are keys. This release must be agreed to by inmate.
We allow no property to be dropped off for General Population inmates.
Property drop off for a restricted custody inmate must be preapproved by the Class D Coordinator.